Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cleanliness is Next to...


I don't think there is anyone who hates cleaning house more than I do.  Now, granted I enjoy washing dishes - but pulling out the vacumn cleaner is one of those things that I just really don't like to do.  A few years ago, I thought about what might happen if a person stopped cleaning and picking up after themselves completely.  (And yes, I've seen a few of those homes online and on television).  From that, my short story "Cleanliness is Next to..." was born.

I like this story, it's stayed with me over the years and helped convince me to pull out that damn vacumn and use it.  It also reminded me to make sure to get rid of stuff otherwise laying about.

It is a short story, less than 2000 words - but the next time you don't want to clean, plop down the 99 cents and give it a read.  It may motivate you to do what you know you need to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again,

    I like your "What if..." approach to writing. It's a great way unclog the toilet.

    ReplyDelete