Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Great Review of Vengeance Is Mine


It Is a wonderful thing to discover a fantastic new review of your work when you first get up in the morning.  I know it has made my day!

A.E. Drury "Ed Drury" had this to say about Vengeance Is Mine while giving it 5 stars on Amazon:

What makes this story so gripping is that cults such as the one described in this story really do exist, as do the abuses described. The story is riveting as the patterns of abuse are passed from father to son. Vengeance is not a concept I support, and as it turns out, that it is not what the main character seeks either. She is rather a conduit for retribution. The story is very well written and I would venture to guess aspects of it were carefully researched. Paranormal aspects aside, the so called normal events of the cult are quite in keeping with several known cults in the US. I found it impossible to put down once I opened it on my kindle. "just one more chapter and I will take a break," I kept telling myself. Great little ghost story with a surprising conclusion.

It is so gratifying as an author to read a review from a reader who gets exactly what you were attempting to say in your story.  And this one did.  And I thank him.

Now, I know it's only a matter of time until I get a bad review on one of my stories.  It's going to happen because the tales I tell are not for everyone.  And that is just the way it is in this storytelling world.  Yet, when that happens, reviews like this one (and the other 4 & 5 stars I have) will definitely help take the sting out and put a smile back on my face quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment