Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Self-Interview - The Next Big Thing - One More Time



Self-Interview - The Next Big Thing - One More Time

I was asked by J.P. Smith (author of Airtight) if I wanted to participate in one of these self interviews.  I agreed, not knowing it was another version of the Next Big Thing blog hops.  So here I am, doing the NBT for a second time, this time using my latest release The XIII to answer the questions.

What is the working title of your current/next book?

Since I did my upcoming book (The Profiler) in my last Next Big Thing participation, I’m using this space to talk about my last book, The XIII.
Published, November 2012, in both eBook and paperback, The XIII is available where ever books are sold (at least online)

Where did the idea come from?

Actually, Kevin (my better half) and I were watching CBS Sunday Morning back in the early 2000s where they did a segment on genetically modified foods and their consequences.  Once the show was over, we started discussing just how far this concept of consequences could go and the general idea of plot began to fall into place.

Over the next week, we talked more, recording everything until I had a very basic, rudimentary outline of The XIII in place.

What genre does your book fall under?

For the most part it is a thriller - with the usual trapping of sub plots and love story thrown in for good measure.
 
What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Actually, I haven’t even thought about that.  Should I ever write the screenplay version, then I might.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

The Da Vinci Code meets the Illuminati.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self published.

How long did it take you to write the first draft?

Approximately 60 days to write a complete first draft, another year to edit and revise - although there were several years between the two.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

First one that comes to mind is , indeed, The Da Vinci Code.  Any thriller dealing with The Illuminati would also work.  Since the story is built upon a powerful, world controlling secret society.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My stories are always inspired by the “what if” of a situation.  Having just completed Beneath the Tor when we saw that CBS Sunday Morning piece - the what if in this case came very easy.


Who I’ve tagged to be next:




Look for their posts asking the same questions either on their blog, website or their Facebook page sometime this week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment