Monday, July 2, 2012

One More Time - But Not The Last


Finished with round three paper edits/revisions on Beneath the Tor yesterday afternoon.  I think my eyes were crossed all night long.  Now it's time to do the revisions in Word - print it out - and do it all over again.

Slightly disappointed that I didn't get everything done in June, but with any luck I'll have it done by the end of July and ready to go.  Really looking forward to the covers that the amazing and talented Neil Jackson is creating for both this book and its sequel The XIII.  The man does extremely awesome at designing beautiful and provocative covers that force a person to pick up the book - even if only for the artwork.

Now I could say that I like revising and editing, but that would be a lie.  A big, bold faced one.  But, I also know how necessary it is.  I have read more than enough Indie books to know that many writer's do very little, or no editing at all.  And their work suffers for it.  I can't count the number of times I've simply moved on to another book on my Kindle because the writing was so bad.  (Not to say mine is perfect, but it is as close as I can make it)

Watch this space, I'll announce the release of Beneath the Tor very soon.

Btw, if you need a great cover for your book - Contact Neil Jackson on Facebook.  You can find samples here:

https://www.facebook.com/neil.jackson.50596

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pig-and-Cow-Design/244609328915936

No comments:

Post a Comment