Monday, February 20, 2012

The Changelings

Today, my short story The Changelings went live in the Amazon Kindle store.  For less than a buck, you can get some insight of what I felt like I was dealing with when my children were teenagers.  They so inspired this story.  This is one of my personal favorites since the subject matter hit so very close to home.

My other books are showing sales, slow but sure, and I'm really happy about that.  With any luck, the more I add, the better it will get.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself.  :)

One thing about self-publishing and connecting with groups of people that are doing the same thing, you gain a lot of knowledge about how to go about promoting and pimping your words.  I've also gained a number of Facebook friends doing the same thing I am.  Which for a loner like me, is a good thing.

I've also been discussing copyright issues on The Passive Voice blog.  Seems some feel that the minute an author publishes a work, it should automatically be put into the public domain for all to use as they see fit.  At the very least, they are trying to shorten the copyright period (70 years).  I could go on and on about why I feel that is so very wrong.

You can follow the conversation at: The Passive Voice blog.

Actually, if you are a writer - I do recommend that you follow this blog and read every post.

No comments:

Post a Comment